#13 of 16 – THE ACTION GOSPEL
· What is the rapture? When will it take place? 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3
· What prophecies need to be fulfilled before the rapture can take place?
· What great event will follow the rapture?
In Mark 13 we have Mark's account of what we know as the "Olivet Discourse". Here Jesus is talking about future events, especially the "Tribulation Period".
· Jesus' discourse was a result of the questions asked by the Peter, James, John, and Andrew.
1. Vs. 9 - Start of difficulty
2. Vs. 10 - Spread of the Gospel
3. Vs. 11 - Spirit guidance
4. Vss. 12-14 - Serious hatred against the saints.
¨ Although we have certainly had "hints" of these things happening now, and in the past, these things will occur during the first part of the Tribulation Period.
Vss. 5-6 - False Christs - Revelation 6:1-2
Vss. 7-8 - Wars and Rumors of Wars - Revelation 6:3-4
Vs. 8 - Earthquakes etc. - Revelation 6:5-6, 12-17
Vs. 9, 11-14 - Persecution - Revelation 6:9-11
Vs. 10 - Gospel Preached to All Nations - Revelation 7:1-10 - 144,000 Jewish
§ The "Abomination of Desolation" is described in Daniel 9:24-27
§ This begins the second part of the tribulation.
q Who are the elect mentioned here?
q What do these verses teach us about false teachers today?
Ø Jesus' arrival will be glorious and victorious - Revelation 19:11-14
arrival will be to the
ü What generation that shall not perish is referred to in these verses?
ü How should Vs. 31 motivate us today?
· Do we as Christians do much watching and praying? Why not?
· Titus 2:11-13 tells us about our behavior as we watch and pray.
· Why should recent world events motivate us to watch and pray?
· How will Christians be "sleeping" when Jesus returns?
· How do we know that the admonition is for us today? Vs. 37